Step one in a marriage-created eco-friendly cards process is for the fresh new petitioning companion (resident otherwise long lasting citizen) so you're able to file an i-130, Petition getting Alien Cousin into USCIS. Following the We-130 acceptance, next steps relies upon perhaps the recipient try existence about U.S. or is lifestyle abroad.
After the acceptance of your We-130, the newest recipient should document an i-485, Petition to modify Standing toward USCIS. The newest We-485 need to be submitted having supporting research, which includes a delivery certification, evidence of nationality, and proof legitimate usage of the fresh new You.S. (I-94 traveling number).
NOTE: In the event your petitioner are good You.S. citizen as well as the beneficiary is in the U.S., both I-130 and that i-485 is submitted at the same time.
In case the Beneficiary is actually Away from Us
For folks seeking to a green cards if you find yourself beyond your United states, you might basic be a permanent resident from procedure for consular running. Consular processing happens when the brand new USCIS things a visa toward recognized Means I-130. Because USCIS has acknowledged your own We-130 petition , it will be delivered to the brand new Federal Visa Cardio (NVC). The newest NVC will assign a situation number towards the petition and you can Murmansk women to marry alert the recipient companion accomplish the newest DS-261, Selection of Target and you can Broker (NOTE: If you already have a lawyer, you would not be asked to done DS-261).
The brand new NVC will begin the scenario processing by the notifying both this new recipient and you may petitioner to blow the appropriate costs. Following the percentage, the fresh NVC commonly request you to submit the latest requisite data to own an enthusiastic immigrant charge including the Affidavit off Service, civil records, application forms, and just about every other factors considered essential for your situation.
Consular processing charge to possess a marriage-situated eco-friendly card is a visa app handling percentage off $325 and a healthcare examination fee, and this may differ. Most other will cost you consist of photocopying and you will interpretation fees.
Required Documents having a marriage-Founded Green Cards Courtesy Consular Operating
The brand new data files can differ based each person's circumstances. Although not, listed below are the brand new essentially called for records for a married relationship-founded eco-friendly cards software:
- Passport appropriate for around half a year beyond your prepared big date out-of entryway towards U.S. Remember that, in some cases, a lengthier legitimacy may be required. You will need to consult with the new embassy or consulate for the the country to make sure.
- Affidavit out of Help: This new We-864 Affidavit from Service should be accomplished from the petitioner in order to reveal that he has got the capability to support the beneficiary financially once they begin residing in the fresh new U.S. The petitioner have to show one to their particular earnings is at least 25% higher than the fresh new HHS poverty tip.
- DS-260, Immigrant Visa Alien Membership App
- Two (2) duplicates regarding 2?2 images (they must go after these requirement ).
- Beneficiary's Civil Files : This includes delivery and you may marriage certificates, court and you will jail information, matrimony cancellation data, military facts, and/otherwise police certificates.
- Finished immigration medical test versions.
Once the NVC is convinced that all requisite data and you can measures had been done, a visa interviews could be scheduled. This new beneficiary, petitioner, and you can lawyer, in the event that applicable, get announcements that contains the amount of time, go out, place, instructions, additionally the expected data files into interview.
If the following the interviews, you are given an enthusiastic immigrant charge, new embassy or consulate will give you your passport which includes their immigrant charge. You will discover a closed package with which has the newest files you offered. Do not unlock the shut package. It has to simply be launched because of the an excellent U.S. immigration authoritative when you arrive in the usa. Up on achieving the port from admission on the You.S., you are going to undergo an assessment of the Heritage and you will Border Cover (CBP) officials to choose their qualification to enter the fresh new U.S. While admitted as a long-term resident, the We-551, that is the eco-friendly card, is shipped to you.